Sunday 4 August 2013

croatia!

Hello! I've just returned from a holiday in Croatia and had the most amazing time! I'd never visited the country before but I've fallen in love with it! We stayed in the beautiful town of Porec in Istria and I definitely recommend a visit!
The cobbled streets are not the easiest to navigate in heels but they're incredibly beautiful.
I really enjoyed exploring the city's rich history. We stumbled upon some 4th century Roman ruins. History is an interest of mine, so I was so excited about finding these:
We also caught the bus to a local town, Rovinj, which took about 45 minutes. Again, Rovinj is beautiful and is nicknamed 'Little Venice.' We climbed up the steep hill to the basilica at the top, which was definitely worth it! We passed beautiful 'arty' shops on the way up.
Istria, the area of Croatia which I vistied, has the perfect mix of a beach and city break. The beaches, although not sandy, are amazing; the sea is clear! The temperature was around 34 degrees when we visited in July, so a dip in the sea was much needed. I definitely recommend Croatia and I cannot wait to go back! :)

1 comment: